We have much to be thankful for — especially our new Bertha Honore Palmer Playground. We not only received beautiful new play equipment courtesy of Chicago Park District, Friends of the Park and advocacy by Commercial Park Advisory Council (CPAC), but we also renamed park 520 in honor of Bertha Honore Palmer– only the 61st park to be named for a women out of nearly 600!
Thanks, too, to the Palmer House Hilton for donating videos and the ORIGINAL recipe brownies. And Daughters of the Revolution just joined and will be installing a bulletin board to keep the park patrons informed. Beside all the wonderful things Bertha did; advocating for rights for women and children, donating 51 pieces of art to Art Institute, chairing the Women’s building at 1890’s World Fair — but she also invented the brownie!
Thanks to Alderman Fioretti for his support for this effort and for all the volunteers and community who have helped
Now to help us continue our park advocacy — please attend the Circus this weekend at Smith Park; 9/27 & 28 (2pm and 5pm each day) proceeds come back to the participating parks!!